Custom Search

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Greatest Show on Earth Might Be Overstating it.

I was really excited to be going to a Ringling Brother's Circus, and a Barnum and Bailey Circus. I'm still a little confused that these are now the same thing. When Bellowbration came into town, it was high on my list of priorities, since I had skipped it last year to see Cats instead.

Overall, I had a good time, but several things made the experience less fun. The cost of the tickets I could understand, given the big names involved. But the mark up on the cheap toys being sold were offensive to me, though many of the parents didn't seem to mind shelling out $20 for a whirligig, which sells for $5 at Wal-mart. But I can get past the price.

I supposed what disappointed me was that the circus has made an attempt to modernize itself, using nickelodeon like characters, and a large screen for many parts of the show, the old fashioned show is gone. I don't think I'll being going to a circus like this again. I much prefer the more basic Ronald McDonald circus, which has all the same circus tricks with less of the modern add ons.

No comments: